Mediators strive to create an atmosphere of respect, equity, and fairness
that allows people to identify the issues they want resolved
and to fully hear each other.
Who Will Be Our Mediator?
CDSS will work with you to match your case to our list of qualified mediators.
- All CDSS mediators are highly trained and certified in their field of mediation.
- All mediators who take cases from family court, superior court, or the clerk of court are certified by the North Carolina Dispute Resolution Commission to conduct those mediated conferences.
- Both CDSS and the selected mediator will check for any conflicts of interest before proceeding.
- If the parties are in agreement, they may select any mediator from our roster of staff and panelists.
- If the parties are having difficulty selecting a mediator, CDSS will select three appropriate panelists from our roster and each party will have the opportunity to strike one name with the remaining named person becoming the mediator.